We absolutely loved having Camilla takeover our Instagram account last weekend, she’s a rather nifty crafter and we were just a lil obsessed with the DIY bath bombs – which were super simple to put together – which she included! We caught up with her to chat about her personal favourite DIYs and the 10 things that all self respecting crafters need to have in their home DIY kit!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Ok here are some fun facts about me.
- I’m OBSESSED with Katy Perry and My Little Pony.
- I have had every colour hair under the sun.
- My current hairstyle is modelled after Cruella de Vil.
- Shamefully, I follow a bunch of 15 year old emo kids on Instagram who remind me of my scene kid youth.
- My best friend’s name is Morgana #gothsforlife
- I love singing and it drives my boyfriend insane
- My wardrobe is #allblackerrr’thang
2. So you’re super into crafting, what are you 3 fav DIYs you’ve ever done? – can link these back to your blog
I am REALLY into the bath bomb one I did for my nifty250 takeover. So much so that I actually went ahead and made a video DIY for it. You can watch it here.
Next, I would say would be the Furry Phone cover. This fluffy piece of amazingness is just THE BEST, though it isn’t the most practical for selfies. See it here.
Then would be my ‘Baroque ’n Roll’ DIY, sometimes the best DIY’s are the most simple ones. I really like how this DIY can transform these jeans, but in such an easy-to-do way. See it here.
Bath bombs under construction!
3. Top 10 things you need to have in your home DIY kit?
- A glue gun. No self-respecting crafter doesn’t own one of these bad boys.
- No-Sew glue aka fabric glue
- REALLY sharp scissors. Blunt scissors are the bane of my existence.
- A great internet connection (ain’t nobody got time for buffering)
- A large piece of thick fabric or plastic to cover your work surface to avoid making a mess.
- Interesting trims. I often buy trimmings not really having a plan for them and they come in really handy later on.
- A measuring tape
- Pins, the nice kind.
- A disappearing marker, you can also use chalk or an old soap bar. This helps if you need to mark out anything but you don’t want to have permanent marks.
- Prestik, it will come in handy to temporarily stick down things while you’re planning, before you do it permanently.
4. Who are your favourite people to follow on Instagram?
I actually don’t have any favourites. Mostly, I like people who have beautiful curated feeds. I don’t want to see your pixilated lunch photo -_-
I do enjoy a good stalking of people I know though. Nothing like looking up your primary school boyfriend then going down a dark rabbit hole and onto all his friends feeds.
5. What are your favourite photo editing apps?
Vscocam is king and then I have Pixlr for it’s ‘healing’ tool.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Sunglasses and shoes, I can’t stop… I have a SERIOUS problem… I can’t even talk about it… I am going to have to get another pair of sunglasses to feel better about this.
7. What is your most treasured possession?
A vanity dressing table from my grandmother and a vintage hand painted kimono my father bought my mother 25 years ago.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Infinite supply of sunglasses and shoes (see number 6)
9. Macarons or cupcakes? Sprinkles or chocolate chips? Tea or coffee?
Cupcakes definitely, with sprinkles served with Tea.